What can I use as proof of address in Portugal as non-EU citizen?

It’s important to understand that every Portuguese tax office has a slightly different process. When you request to remove our lawyer as your Fiscal Representative, you will need to provide valid proof of your residence in Portugal. The most widely accepted document is your  Portugal residence permit, also known as the “Título de residência“.
Usually, this is the simplest proof of address that you can provide to the Portugal tax office.

Alternatively, if you have not received your temporary residence permit yet, you may also submit either of the following documents to change your address:

  • Expression of Interest (Manifestação de Interesse)
  • Proof of your SEF appointment

NOTE, the document you submitted doesn’t show your Portuguese address; additionally, you will need to submit an ‘Atestado de residência’ (Certificate of Residence) issued by your Junta de Freguesia (Local Parish) as a supporting document.

Did this answer your question? Thanks for the feedback There was a problem submitting your feedback. Please try again later.

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us