How to change your password on Portal das Finanças?
When you get a NIF through E-Residence.com, we are able to request a password from the Portuguese tax office on your behalf. The Portuguese tax office will mail us a physical copy of your password and we will forward that to you as a PDF document via Whatsapp and email address.
You will use this password to get access to their online portal called "Portal das Finanças". Portal das Finanças is where you will interact with the Portuguese tax office.
The first thing you should do after receiving your password is to log in and update your password to something only you know.
Follow the instruction below to update your Portal das Finanças password:
1. Visit www.portaldasfinancas.gov.pt and click on the "Iniciar Sessão" button at the right top corner.
2. Enter your NIF number* in the first field, the password provided to you via email in the second field and then click the blue button.
Nº de Contribuinte = NIF number (9 digits number on the left side of PDF file provided by Financas with your NIF number)
Senha de acesso = Senha de Acesso Internet in PDF file with password provided by Financas3.
3. On the homepage, locate the search bar then type "senha" (English = "password" ). Enter on your keyboard or click the search icon.
4. Under the heading "Alterar Dados de Acesso", click "Aceder". English: "Change Access Data" > "Access"
5. Here, you need to re-enter your password.
6. Press the checkbox beside "Alterar Senha". English: "Change Password"
Enter your new password (with a minimum of 8 characters) in both the form fields then click the green button.
7. Thanks for using our guide, your password has been updated now