What documents i need to provide to open bank account in Portugal?
To be able to open the bank account online, you will need to upload here such documents as:
- Scan of 2 pages on 1 photo (4 corners visible)
- No fingers on the passport
- Passport is signed
- Passport is valid
|Nif (Portuguese tax number)
- Scan of 2 pages in 1 file
If you don't have it yet, you can order it here.
|TIN (tax number of country of residence)
||tax card or tax declaration 2022 or id in some countries. You can check which document to provide as TIN from your country
|Proof of address (in english or Portuguese)
Proof of income
- work declaration (issued less than 3 months ago)
- payslip (issued less than 3 months ago)
- contract (issued less than 1 year ago)
- proof of registration of freelance activity
- Plus tax declaration 2022
- Company owner
- company certificate issued less than 1 year ago + written that you are the director
- payslip if you get salary
- tax declaration 2022 if you get royalties
- Passive income ( investor\ property owner)
- signed rental agreement(s) + proof of deposits
- Financial statements, showing investments
- tax declaration 2022
- government pension letter
- pension statement
- Portuguese student: a proof of enrolment, student card, bank statement.
- Unemployed: unemployment letter and tax declaration 2022 (joined account)
- live on assets: proof of source of funds and tax declaration 2022. for housewife joined account
To start the process, just upload here you documents. Please note that the bank may request additional information and documentation aside from those listed above.